News & Tips
Why You Need Omega 3’s
My clients will tell you how much I bang on about the importance of Essential Fatty Acids for their skin health, so here is a little blog about the what, how, why and the other amazing health benefits.
Essential fatty acids (EFA’s) are considered “essential fats” because they are required for optimal health but cannot be produced by the body. Fish oil supplies the most beneficial omega 3 essential fatty acids Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Increased intake of these omega 3’s helps optimise heart, brain, circulatory, metabolic, joint and tissue health.
How does It work? There are two main families of essential fats: omega 3 and omega 6. In the body, omega 3’s reside in the cell membrane, where they compete with omega 6’s. Proper cell function is dependent on a balanced intake of this fats. An overabundance of omega 6 fats (which we consume through refined vegetable oils, processed foods and grain-fed meats) can disrupt this delicate balance.
Consuming more omega 3’s helps maintain a healthy balance of these essential fats. Marine omega 3’s, like fish oil, are the best sources and optimise the health of every tissue, organ and system in the body.
EPA – Maintains a healthy heart and circulatory system
– Supports joint comfort and mobility
– Promotes healthy immune function
– Supports positive mood and well-being
DHA – Supports learning, mood and nervous system health
– Supports the brain, eyes, and immune system
– Essential for proper brain development in infants and children
– Recommended by Dr’s for pregnant and lactating women
RECENT POSTS & TIPS
- Food - Entertainment or functional?
- How to boost your collagen (part II)
- What is Collagen and what does it do? (part I)
- Reset your skins ageing clock with LED
- The Power of Probiotics
- WATCH THIS SPACE
- Do you drink plenty of water every day, but your skin still feels dry?
- Is SPF 50+ better than SPF 30+?
- How do you boost your nutrient intake?
Get Instant Result
At Nourish Skin Clinic, you’ll receive a unique, realistic treatment plan that is customised to your specific skin concerns and deliver ultimate skin health. I care about your results & specialise in difficult to treat skin conditions. It is not too late to have your best skin.